When a load cannot be driven directly by a safety controller, an interposing relay becomes a requirement. SIL certified safety relays are a requirement to meet the necessary Risk Reduction Factor (RRF) when switching a load ON or OFF in an IEC61508/61511 Safety Instrumented Function (SIF). SIL certified relays guarantee that the safety function is met with a suitable and known probability of failure (PFD).
SIL 3 Safety relays features:
- Slim: single and dual channel in a 12.5mm enclosures;
- Smart units with transparent line and load monitoring feature for both NE and ND applications;
- Suitable for operation in -40 to +70°C temperature range;
- High availability and extended T-Proof times;
- Universal mounting: DIN-Rail, power bus and termination board;
- SIL 3 Certified according to IEC 61508:2010;
- LED Indication for power, signal status and line fault condition;
- Marine type approval and G3 coating.